Friday, December 16, 2011

me and marvin...

When we start at residential school we were pretty young. Me and Marvin we both start the same year...in 1963 when we were just 7 years old. I always thought I was a pretty tough kid. But that first year I remember Ian Scott, our Junior Dorm supervisor come to me one day, maybe about couple weeks after school start that fall. And he ask me to go up to dorm to see what's wrong with Marvin.






So I go up to our Junior dorm and I see Marvin sitting on his bed in dorm. And he gots his head down. And I ask...and I ask him...I ask him what's wrong. And he say...and he say...he say he's 'lonely'. I ask him why....and he say he keep thinking of him his mom back home. I tell him don't think about back home. I tell him I never ever think about back home. I tell him if he think about back home it's just going to make him lonely.






'So don't ever think about back home.'






I then...I then tell him let's go play outside. I tell him we should go outside to the playground. Finally he come with me outside...and that's where we play. Me and Marvin....when we were kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment