Monday, January 10, 2011

Sister Ann & the Girls....

Mr. Lundy first came to Lejac around 1965 or ’66. They put him as the Intermediate dorm supervisor. I was in Juniors in 1965, but after Christmas, in the spring of ‘66, they bumped me and couple other boys up to Intermediates. So I went from Ed Fitz’ dorm to Jim Lundy’s dorm.

I totally liked Mr. Lundy’s dorm. Least he was a good supervisor. I guess the girls totally liked him too. In fact, every chance they got, especially the older girls from the Senior Girls dorm, would chase him with snowballs in the winter time.

They started letting us walk to the highway on our school road, all the boys and all the girls together after school and on weekends. There were always Supervisors out with us. It was a chance for us, especially in the winter, to get out of the school and get some exercise. Of course, the girls always waited until Mr. Lundy got out there with us, then they would sneak up on him and start hitting him with snowballs.

That was the funniest thing!!

Then summer came. And their favourite game down at the docks was try and throw Mr. Lundy off the dock into the water. No small feat! Mr. Lundy was a full six feet tall and I bet you close to 200 pounds. Some times there would be about 5 or 6 girls ganging up on him, fighting and wrestling, trying to get him over the side and into the water. Everybody laughing, shouting, and cheering!! Once…once…I saw them get him over the side. Into the water with a great big splash!

Even Sister Ann got into the fray. I saw her and a bunch of the older girls one time gang up on Mr. Lundy trying to throw him into the water. I also heard another time they were doing that and her habit came off. Us boys we were all talking about it, when it happened. I guess she had really short hair was all they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment