Monday, January 10, 2011

SISTER....







We always went for walks every Saturday. Our favourite places to go were Two Mile Encombe, One Mile Encombe, Orange Valley, Table Mountain and sometimes even Mouse Mountain. And of course Ghost Town. One day we were walking across the fields on our way to Ghost Town. I was a bit behind all the other boys when we had just passed a row of trees and I glanced off to my left....and was about to look away when I noticed someone....it was Sister, she was kneeling there facing the row of trees, and praying. All by herself, in this great big field, no one around, just herself praying. It looked like Sister Henrietta, my Grade 6 teacher. I always thought that was so cool how she can go off somewhere by herself like that, and pray by herself. I think you have to be very dedicated to do something like that. I always admired Sister Henrietta after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment